Status

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 1 23:04:10 PDT 2001

John,

I just restarted the servers.  I noticed a couple of things.  Java Web Start
on my home machine did download the new version.  However, the new version
didn't work.  I got the couldn't contact Admin Manager message.  When I
cleared the JWS cache, it downloaded the new version, and everything worked
great.  Maybe there's a problem with JWS?

When one exits normally from a remote client, it attempts to unsubscribe.
This isn't really a problem because the event server finds no subscriptions.
At some point, I should probably change the code to skip the unsubscribe
for remote clients.

I'll start on the items we discussed first thing tomorrow.

Good night,