Fwd: snf coral

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Sep 13 16:05:40 PDT 2001

Hi Nina --

I have reserved the sts for mnepo from 5 am to 8:30 am, as it is available.  I am not making your other reservations you have requested because I am abiding by the "maximum of one-week in
advance" reservation rule.  Contact me again tomorrow if you still want the 5 am Friday slot.  I trust that you are fully qualified on this system.

Many people such as you do have difficulty in accessing remote Coral, as Mike Bell indicates.  However, none of these problems is insurmountable and has to do with the type of security
firewalls that your internal network has.  Thus, the info I sent in previous emails is still accurate (http://snf/Labmembers/RemoteCoralTSGuide.html).  You could still access remote Coral, as
many people do, using the methods described on the website.  What Mike is working on is an alternative approach, which should help organizations such as yours which have not upgraded.

Mary

ntikho at megasenseinc.com wrote:

> Hi Mary,
> Please be advised that according to Mike Bell (see message below) we cannot access equipment reservation.
> Please make reservation on STS for users mnepo(Mark Nepomnishy) and ntikho(Nina Tikhomirova):
> September 20 - 4 hrs any time from 5 AM
> September 21 - 4 hrs any time from 5 AM
> September 27 - 4 hrs any time from 5 AM
> Best regards
> Nina Tikhomirova,
> Mark Nepomnishy
> Megasense Inc.
> Phone: (408) 436-9783

> From:   Mike Bell <mbell at snf.stanford.edu>     Save
> Date:   Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:28:32 -0700
> To:   mnepo at snf.stanford.edu
> Subject:   Your request.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mark,
>
> Unfortunately you are among many who are unable to get remote coral to work.  We hope to address this
> in a new release of the software due out in the next couple weeks.
> Since I work primarily on the software
> I was unclear as to what the other issue was you having trouble resolving.  I'm sure that Mary Tang
> mtang at snf.stanford.edu (process tech issues) or Richard Crane rcrane at snf.stanford.edu (equipment issues) or John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu (other issues) will be able to help you resolve
> this.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike