remote coral access problems

Masa Rao mprao at engineering.ucsb.edu
Fri Aug 9 14:53:45 PDT 2002

Hello,

    I'm having problems getting remote Coral to open on my computer.  I was able to download the Java apps but whenever I try to open remote Coral (either by clicking on the Coral Remote shortcut on my desktop, or by the link in Explorer) the only thing that happens is that a small Java Web Start title window opens up and closes shortly thereafter.  Nothing else happens no matter how long I wait.  I'm running Windows 2000 Professional, if that makes any difference.

One other thing:  I am unable to get the Remote Coral Link to come up on Netscape Explorer (v6.1).  No problem on Explorer, but will not come up on Netscape.  Despite having already downloaded Java Web Start the Remote Coral Access web page says I still need to install it.

Thanks,

Masa