problems running remote coral under Linux

John Shott shott at
Fri Jul 5 08:03:19 PDT 2002

Which version of Java are you running on your Linux machine? You can probably
find out by issuing the command "which java" or "java -version".

If you are running JDK 1.4, you need to make a minor change to the java
installation.  If java is installed in the default linux loaction ...
/usr/j2sdk1.4.0, I think, then you will find a file named
/usr/j2sdk1.4.0/jre/lib/jce.jar (you may need to change the /usr/j2sdk1.4.0
dependent on your installation.  In any event, if you find that file and name
it jce.jar.ignore, I suspect that things will be OK.

Let me know if this helps,