Oracle XML DB (Release 9.2)

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jul 22 17:18:43 PDT 2002

Tom and Ike,

As we discussed last week, I have been looking into the details of Oracle
XML DB which is a feature of Oracle 9i Database Release 2.  Oracle 9.2
was released in March of 2002.  I've sent an email to our Oracle licensing
people to see if I can get a copy of 9.2.

Oracle XML DB provides high-performance, native XML storage and retrieval
technology including XML Schema support, an early implementation of SQL/XML
(an emerging standard for querying XML from the ISO and ANSI SQL standards
efforts), XML Indexes, and JDBC support.  For more information, take a look
at the following web page: http://otn.oracle.com/tech/xml/xmldb/content.html