atu and network ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 20 08:34:21 PDT 2002

Bill and Mike:

Related to atu and getting to it ...

If I do a "traceroute atu" or "traceroute atu.snffab.stanford.edu" from snf,
it finds it immediately.

However if I do a "traceroute atu.stanford.edu" (also from snf) it tries to go
to quad-rtr.stanford.edu ... and then hangs.  It seems as if from snf it
should never have had to go to quad-rtr.  Does this mean that our switch is
improperly configured?

As long as we are looking at things, it also appears that the named stuff on
snf doesn't know about sunstar.snffab.stanford.edu ... which it probably needs
to do shortly.