Transaction Isolation Level

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Mar 3 00:51:43 PST 2002

John,

I was just checking the logs on spf before heading to bed, I noticed we
have our first problem related to PostgreSQL.  The admmgr log had the
following error:

java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called be
fore any query

However, the admmgr responded gracefully by rolling back the transaction.
I'll have to look at the spec, but my guess is this may be a place where
PostgreSQL actually adheres to the SQL spec more closely than Oracle.
I'll take a look on Monday.

I'm going to leave the servers up and running in case you want to run
the client.  This problem may prevent you from doing much testing, and/or
the logs may get large?