Launching remote coral (fwd)

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Wed May 29 19:06:39 PDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:40:33 -0700
From: Todd Merport <merport at eecs.berkeley.edu>
To: bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Subject: Launching remote coral

Sorry to bother you with this. Attached is the log file from my remote
coral launch attempt. It seems like it dies trying to construct an
encryption object. I checked javaws.policy against my pc platform. They
both looked the same.

Thanks for taking a look at this.  Please forget about it if it takes
more than a few minutes of your time.

Below is the tail of the log.

javawebstart.version=javaws-1.0.1_02, sun.cpu.isalist=sparcv9+vis
sparcv9 sparcv8plus+vis sparcv8plus sparcv8 sparcv8-fsmuld sparcv7
sparc}
Crypto Service Provider: ABA
Info: ABA Security Provider v1.1, SHA, MD5 message Digests, and Crypto
algorithms.
Unable to construct an encryption object.
java.security.NoSuchProviderException: JCE cannot authenticate the
provider ABA java.util.jar.JarException:
file:/home/argon3/lab/staff/merport/.javaws/cache/http/Dsnf.stanford.edu
/P80/DMcoral/DMlib/RMjce.zip is not signed by a trusted signer.
Unable to initialize BlackBox.