E-mail queues ...

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Oct 28 14:02:12 PST 2002

Janine, Jane, Mary and Team Coral:

Our e-mail queue has been filling up ... largely with undeliverable messages
for folks who are no longer here.  In general, we assume that everyone has a
mailing address of user_name at snf.stanford.edu ... and then we let them forward
it to Another.Name at Some.Company.Com.  If, however, they leave
Some.Company.Com, then that mail gets bounded and fills up our maiq queue.

Accordingly, I have deactivated (in Coral) and removed from all of our mailing
lists the following login names for folks who I believe are no longer active:

maoee
petar
mikez
lllee
tay
nanotim
slater
timmer
avo
takeuchi
yinl
andy

If any of these folks complain that they can't log in or aren't receiving
e-mail, that is why.

There are also several people who seem more active for whom we have bad maill
addresses including Chuck Schaper, Lian Zhang, and Eugene Chow.  I'm trying to
track down improved mail addresses for them without deactivating them.