Coral Problems

Carsten Langrock langrock at stanford.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:55:26 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am a new lab-member having problems with the CORAL system. Today I
went over to CIS to change my user password using the terminal at the
entrance of the clean-room. That went fine, but when I logged out and
back in, CORAL did not start up. It says "Starting up ..." but fails to
actually do so. The starting-up-message goes away after a few seconds,
but that's it, no CORAL. It'd be great if somebody could fix that or
tell me how to fix it myself. I also tried to start CORAL manually by
calling /usr/local/bin/coral. This had the same effect as logging in.

Thanks,
Carsten

p.s.: My login ID is "langrock"
Dipl.-Phys. Carsten Langrock

Graduate Research Assistant, Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Electrical Engineering
Stanford University

Ginzton Laboratory, Room 54-B
450 Via Palou