pcatryss

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:04:44 PDT 2003

Msry:

> pcatryss 's Coral doesn't work (gives him an error message about
> "Desktop Environment.")  So, I enabled the Raith under his account.

This is likely because he somehow specified the use of "Open Windows" instead
of "Common Desktop Enviornment" .... at least I've seen several cases of that
recently ...

That can before logging in by clicking "Options" then selecting "Sessions" and
then selecting "Use Common Desktop Enviornment" ... he will notice that "Use
Last Session" was previously selected.

> He also says that he's had trouble with remote Coral -- that when the
> new Java Webstart loads, it says that there's some expired certificate
> and it won't load -- do you fellow know anything about this?

Yes, we are aware of this and are in the process of getting a "real
certificate" from Verisign that will eliminate this and a couple of other
problems.  It will likely take a couple of days to get that, however ...