Remote coral failed

Bill Murray bmurray at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Aug 26 08:06:04 PDT 2003

Eric,

We were having problems with the certificates used to sign the jar files
with JRE 1.4.2.  To solve the problem, we decided it was time to get an
authentic digital id from VeriSign.  We are now using that to sign our
jar files.  Until your email, I believed that was working great.  However,
we are still having problems with the certificates used to sign two of
our security jar files from a third-party.  We are actively pursuing this
with them.  This should only be a problem with JRE 1.4.2.

Based on your error message, I'm assuming that you are not using 1.4.2.
Perhaps, WebStart did not successfully download all of our newly-signed
jars.  Could you go to WebStart, delete Remote Coral, and force it to
download everything again?  Please let me know the results as soon as
possible.

For reference, which version of the JRE are you using?