History question?

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 2 11:56:23 PST 2003

Hi Coral guys --

Just a question...  A situation (or series of situations) came up...
There are a couple of labmembers who have left machines enabled for long
periods of time after use -- and a couple of other labmembers who have
complained because they thought the machines were in use by the enabler
and so didn't use them.  They didn't have reservations, so no reason to
enable over the first people.  I guess it hadn't occured to me before,
but it looks like you can't really tell from Coral History how long the
current enabler has had the machine enabled (otherwise, it would have
been clear that these people just forgot to disable the machines.)  Is
there another simple way for labmembers to tell how long a current
enable session has been going?

Thanks,

Mary

--