problems installing coral remote on a laptop...

Mark Topinka mtopinka at stanford.edu
Mon May 5 14:46:41 PDT 2003

Hi-
      I am having problems getting remote coral to work on my laptop.  I've
successfully installed it on other machines, so I'm not sure what the
problem is... I have a Dell Latitude C640 running Windows XP, and I've
tried both non-beta versions of the Java download you suggest.  When I
click on the "launch remote coral" link, it opens up the Java Web Start
window, then pops up an error dialog "Java Webstart - Download Error.. :
Unable to launch coral remote".  When I click on "details" I get the message

"An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Coral Remote (SNF)
Vendor: Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
Category: Download Error

Bad MIME type returned from server when accessing resource:
http://snf.stanford.edu/coral/etc/coral.jnlp - text/html"

Any ideas what might be going wrong?  Thanks in advance.  -Mark Topinka,
mtopinka at stanford.edu