remote access

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 7 11:08:34 PST 2004

Hi Dirk --

The link should appear on this page:  http://snf.stanford.edu/Labmembers/RemoteCoral.html

There's a little Java script on this webpage which check for "Java Webstart" on your PC.  If you don't have it, this page will say "Need to install Java Web Start".  If you do have it, the page will show the "Launch remote coral" link -- in this case, the page will look like this:

The following links provide access to the Remote Coral system:

                   *Launch Remote Coral

                   *Launch Development Version of Remote Coral (Note: Extreme Caution!!!)

                   *Download Java Web Start

Problems? Click <here> for Instructions for downloading, installing, and running Remote Coral.

where "<here>" takes you to:  http://snf.stanford.edu/Labmembers/RemoteCoralTSGuide.html

I'm afraid that all I know about remote Coral is what appears on these pages.  If you have any other issues with installing Java Webstart and running remote Coral, please contact the guys on the Coral Development Team (John Shott, Bill Murray, and Mike Bell.)  They can also be reached by "coral at snf.stanford.edu"

Good luck!

Mary

--
Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.