Found an interesting "bug".

Bill Murray bmurray at
Wed Dec 7 15:55:08 PST 2005

I can't remember how this worked in the past, but you are correct that
we don't have any policy which prevents you from making a reservation in
the past.  We could introduce one, but each policy check does lengthen
the time it takes to make a reservation.  I'm not sure that it's
necessary to prevent this because this behavior only wastes the offending
lab members time and harms no one else.