'Activities' and the Coral Report Engine...

Mary Tang mtang at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 28 11:27:29 PST 2005

Hi Ben --

I am forwarding your suggestions to the Coral development team.  I think
a timer function, whereby you could see how long you've had something
enabled, could be useful, but probably not a high priority for the Coral
group (though this would be for the management to decide.)  I personally
think that it could be a serious problem to have something automatically
disable after a period of time -- this is because most equipment needs
to be in a "safe" condition before a system is disabled.  The person who
is using the equipment would be in the best position to know that the
equipment is safe before disabling.

As for the indicator button, you are right, this would be quite handy.
But for now, we are asking people to check on the Coral Report Engine
for equipment use logs -- these are not real-time, but do provide a way
to check.

Thanks,

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu