xreporter login

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Mon May 2 15:54:26 PDT 2005

Professor Moerner:

I've created an account that will allow you to access xreporter.  At the
moment, however, we are still finishing off the details that will, I
believe, allow you to access the information that is of interest to you.
  At the moment, we support 2-levels of reporting privileges:
for a normal lab member such as each of your students, we allow them to
access only their own records but not the activity records of anyone
else in the lab.  We allow our staff to access these reports for anybody
in the lab.  At the moment, however, we don't support the report access
that you are seeking as a project PI ... namely, you are interested in
getting a report for all of the activities  of all of the students who
are working on either a single project that you "own" or all of the
projects that you "own".  We have been putting the tools in place to
allow people to be given that higher level of access so that you will be
able to see that type of report.  In fact, we are also putting in place
the infrstracture to allow someone designated by you ... your admin, for
example ... to also access these reports if that is desirable.  My guess
is that this capability will be available within 10 days to 2 weeks.

In the meantime, I've added you to the labmembers database so that you
will receive the comparatively small number of e-mail messages that are
sent to all SNF lab members.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or needs.

Thanks,

John Shott