Coral not displaying enabled user

John Shott shott at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 27 22:30:48 PDT 2006

Eric:

Yes, thanks for those details.  For reasons that we don't understand,
the event manager (the part of coral that sends other clients updates
related to enables/disables/problems/shutdowns) has been periodically
hanging ... without delivering any error messages or logs.  This is
something that we've not experienced before and, to be honest, we are
currently perplexed.  The servers have been restarted and, I think,
later tonight Bill is going to install a version of Coral that didn't
show these symptoms while we figure out how ti diagnose this current
problem.  This is particularly perplexing because we haven't tweaked
this portion of code in over 2 years ... so it's not clear what has
changed to cause this problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience,