kilo

Albert Henson rgckj at netmare.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 20 07:25:52 PDT 2006

Barney Snaith is a scoundrel to have deluded you into marryinghim, said Uncle James violently. My cutting it to pieces must have done it good, said Valancy,laughing.
Cousin Stickles making weirdnoises gargling her throat in the mornings. Mother, may I have those three woollen cushions I worked lastwinter?
You feel sure the tint is there, but when youlook at it directly it is gone. It was easier now for the Stirlings to believe Valancy of the dead. Im just exorcising an old demon, Valancy told him. There is no such thing as freedom on earth, he said.
Thelittle waves began to make soft, sobbing splashes on the rocksbelow them in the rising winds.
He has probably been married half a dozen timesbefore.
Then all they took with them were some raw potatoes andsalt.
I really am, said Valancy gravely, her eyes dancing.
And thatlittle kissable dent just between your collar bones.
Now I suggest that you all stop looking tragic and accept thesituation.
Valancy is so fond of mushrooms, sighed Cousin Georgiana. Dayswhen it rained in right good earnest and they had to stay in.
It had never occurred to him that women hadto be, or ought to be, made happy.
They might say whatthey liked to and of her but they should not abuse Barney. She learned to paddle a canoe as well as Barney himself. We must not commit thedesecration of tramping through there.
Why, it surely isnt indecent to like to have your husband put hisarm around you? At least, that wasthe way Valancy felt about them. Valancy loved her Blue Castle and was completely satisfied with it. The old, shabby, inglorious outlived calendar came down. Dayswhen it rained in right good earnest and they had to stay in. She madehim stand still on his snowshoes while she repeated it.
But its a lovely spread, said Valanacy, with a kiss, and Im soglad to have it. The universe did not answer but Uncle James did. Dawdle over meals as long as you wanted to.