preventable

Austin Quinones tqcxt at rainbowrescue.org
Sun Aug 20 12:04:06 PDT 2006

Dost thounot also make a mock of Hathor, Ramose? So she departed and became the wife of Tapert, Pharaoh making manygifts to her. At last she spoke and told me that she had come thusto read my soul while I slept.
Then, Lady, you have read that which is worth nothing, for what iswritten upon so short a scroll? I muttered, who already was as full of loveof this royal woman, as a drunkard is with wine. Then with some courteous words tomyself, thanking me for my company, she passed into the pavilion.
Yet I pray you to go tillshe has departed back to Syria. Yes, young sir, I found them in plenty and gathered them with theappropriate spells. Know, my son, that what Ido, I do for you more even than for myself.
I am the envoy of the Pharaoh Apries, King of the two Lands and ofthe countries beyond the sea.
O daughter of a fool, can you not see that you are pressingthe edge of it upon the bruise? Was it not done every day on the street or elsewhere? I bent almost to myknee and the blow went over my head. A sweet voice answered,O Ramose, Pharaohs son and envoy, I am your hostess Atyra, once aqueen. She doctors your bruised poll, and now takesyou out walking in the moonlight.
As you may guess, I am thecourt physician.
A servant who must have been watching me, noted this and went away asthough to call some one. Yet it was not too late for him to send you, Count Ramose, chargedwith words that mean nothing.
You have the eyes of a dove, the stepof a deer, the wisdom of a man and the grace of a palm.
I am the envoy of the Pharaoh Apries, King of the two Lands and ofthe countries beyond the sea. Tell me, Son of the king, will Apries help us? Hathor, goddess of Love, I answered, whom some call Mistress of thegods. You have lopped that curs ear, Count,although he wore a collar when you had none.
But I stayed on at court and grew in strength andstature, also in favour with Pharaoh.
O daughter of a fool, can you not see that you are pressingthe edge of it upon the bruise?
You must pleadyour own cause with him; I cannot answer your question. Ninari smote at me with his broad, curved blade. You have lopped that curs ear, Count,although he wore a collar when you had none.
Come; let us be going, who yet are young and freefrom the webs of Hathor and of death.