tromp

Freddy Burke zqqrb at 5emeavenue.fr
Tue Aug 29 12:35:24 PDT 2006

Luce, the alfalfa crop is what fetched him, said Logan, after theneighbour had gone.
Winter fled apace and the seasons rolled on. If he hadany happiness, it was in the way his boys took to hunting, woodcraft,riding. Barbara, every four-legged animal up that draw will run wild down here.
Logan was always amused at these evidences ofLucindas lingering vanity.
And there was amerry Christmas at last for the Huetts!
Nor did Huett miss any of themen who drifted in to make their homes back in the great forest. Then well pile down the several trails, yelling andshooting. By then the children will have as good aneducation as I can give them. Then it is serious, returned Logan, quickly troubled.
Theres the rub, Logan dear, returned Lucinda, soberly. His vigour and his will seemed to withstand all inroads of, toil anddefeat.
Abe, the wild sorrelthere, rarin back on that rope, is yours. Bab, Im afraid theres ahorse Abe wouldnt give you. It developed that Abe did not mean Barbara and Grant. But it wasnt a running shot, and your mother had crippledhim. You never saw how the men at Flagg, young and old, flocked aroundBarbara.
By that she saw how this debt haddogged him.
Your mother heard Grant and Barbara talking.
I always felt easier whenCoyote was with the children.
Our wants will grow as the children grow. By then the children will have as good aneducation as I can give them. Suppers waiting, father, called Barbara, who stood by the tablelistening. Logan followed carryingtwo furry tan-coloured little cats. Well cut some more poles and snake out some stumps. Buck is old and lame now, went on Barbara.
When Logan came infrom the fields she told him. Abetrailed that bunch of wild horses down into the head of Three SpringDraw.
When a bearruns downhill like that hes safe, Bab, even from as wonderful a shot asAbe. Theres a blue roanstallion in that bunch Id like to catch.
The boys went barefoot in all seasons exceptwinter, when they wore moccasins. But it wasnt a running shot, and your mother had crippledhim.
He never forgot any words his father usedpertaining to guns, animals, and the forest.
But, Dad, they could never climb out of the canyon.
Theres the rub, Logan dear, returned Lucinda, soberly.
Barbara,however, vented enough amaze, disgust, and anger for the whole family.
One late afternoon in the early spring Huett returned from the corrals tothe cabin. Thatfellow, though, never belonged to you.