eventual accredited

Nanny Meyer icnmz at carolkornacki.org
Fri Sep 1 00:32:04 PDT 2006

Doubtless Wi has taken it with him tohunt in the woods.
Now, divide your men into two companies, anddo you command one while Moananga commands the other.
On the following day, Wi stopped at home and did those things that layto the hand of the chief. And, Laleela, I bid you remain here, or fly.
The rotten groundgave, and down went Wi, the aurochs, and Yow into the mud below! And if the manleapt aside, what would happen?
All round itwere steep walls of rock, and its mouth was narrow, perhaps threepaces across, no more.
Have you never heard of the great bull of the forest before which noman dare stand?
It fell from the does side and I found it again amongst the rocks,Son.
Then I know one who will be glad, muttered Pag. One day, Wi followed a doe far into the forest, and having lost herthere, turned homeward. There may have been more that weretaken out to sea.
I only know what I see who pay no heed to words; also what my hearttells me.
Yet it is strange to sleep when death is so near,and he looked at her doubtfully.
Aye, it burns out poison and staunches blood, answered Pag as hecovered Laleela with her cloak.
This they did,breaking the bottoms of most of them, so that water flowed in and theysank. Perhaps, said Wi, and if so, we had better draw out of the reach ofthe little spears.
Then Iwent to sleep again and dreamed the evil dream.
Blood running from its muzzle, the aurochs drovefuriously at the ledge on which Wi stood. Thetiger and the wolves are dead, and wild cattle have left the woods. There may have been more that weretaken out to sea. Then he opened her robe, and they saw the wound beneath her breast,which still bled a little. Then he thought again, thus:The odds are great.
Then Iwent to sleep again and dreamed the evil dream. She goes out to sea in her hollow log and returnsleading a host of Red Wanderers. There may have been more that weretaken out to sea.
It fell from the does side and I found it again amongst the rocks,Son. Wi came out of the cleft and stood still, thinking.
Yow understood and leapt into thecleft like a stone from a sling. Yet now you would eggon the people to sacrifice her to the Ice-gods, dog that you are.
Then he thought again, thus:The odds are great. The bull cameround, and as it came, saw him with its unharmed eye. Moananga rushed into his hut, seized his weapons, and raced afterthem. Still running on the track theyturned to skirt it, as Wi had done.