reasoning

Solly Calderon fvnk at barflys.co.uk
Sat Sep 9 01:38:27 PDT 2006

You look at him sometimes whenhe thinks nobodys looking at him.
Werent you in the ThirdDivision during the war?
But I gave it to him and then I lay downand cried to beat the band all afternoon.
He came onlyonce, in white knickerbockers, and had a fight with a bum namedEtty in the garden. As our credulity switched back toher she leaned forward with enthusiasm. She had a fight with a man who says hes her husband, explained agirl at my elbow. Wilson had any right tomention Daisys name.
But I sworeI wouldnt tell it and here I am tantalizing you.
Youll give McKee a letter of introduction to your husband, so he cando some studies of him.
Come to lunch some day, he suggested, as we groaned down in theelevator. The piece is known, he concluded lustily, as Vladimir TostoffsJazz History of the World.
For a moment I suspected that he was pulling my legbut a glance at him convinced me otherwise.
We all turned andlooked around for Gatsby.
He came onlyonce, in white knickerbockers, and had a fight with a bum namedEtty in the garden. Ivebeen drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober meup to sit in a library. I was brought by a woman named Roosevelt, he continued.
We all turned andlooked around for Gatsby.
His right hand suddenly ordered divineretribution to stand by.
He smiled with jovial condescensionand added Some sensation!
I got to write down a list so I wontforget all the things I got to do.
I thought he knew something about breeding, but he wasnt fit to lickmy shoe. Nevertheless there was a vague understanding that had to betactfully broken off before I was free. All these people came to Gatsbys house in the summer.
All I kept thinking about, over and over, was You cant liveforever, you cant live forever.