S.O.B. confidential

Liz Cherry mwxnr at bushnet.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 12 14:34:34 PDT 2006

I dont imagine its time even to hope that youve runacross anything. Markham, Vance, and I went out, and the patrolman on duty hailed ataxicab for us.
I was watching the woman closely, and it seemed to me that shequickly compressed her lips. I dont imagine its time even to hope that youve runacross anything. This ought to give us a good lead, said Markham, indicating thehandkerchief. All the shades inthe living room were down.
Its quite simple, y know, Vance replied, with a quizzical twitchof the lips.
I beg to differ with you, Sergeant, drawled Vance. I may get something out of the major along that line, suppliedMarkham.
I wouldnt say that, he remarked, after a moment.
By this time, Ithink, he had entirely forgiven Vance for destroying the cigarettebutt. It was by this process also thatHeath hoped to establish the identity of the owner of the handbag. And pardon me for saying so, remarked Vance, but Benson let himin.
However they expressed it, retorted Heath, they had the rightidea.
Good-bye, sir, he said pleasantly, much to my surprise,and to Markhams, too, I imagine.
Now, Ipresume, youll play the juge dinstruction and chivvy her mosthorribly, what? And, d ye see, it happens that the Bensonmurder falls into that categry.
The truthis, I cant seem to figure out anything that makes sense in thisterrible affair.
He paused and took a few meditative puffs on his cigarette.
I was assailed by an impulsive yearningto hear what La Platz would say.
This was the last she had seen him alive. Now, Ipresume, youll play the juge dinstruction and chivvy her mosthorribly, what?
This was the last she had seen him alive. Everything relevant was sublimely ignored.
For the simplereason, d ye see, that no one but Rubens could have painted it.