Sun Workstation Problem

Dario Amodei damodei at Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 11 16:08:09 PST 2008

Hi John and Bill,

I've been having a persistent problem with the Sun workstations.  When I
try to open a browser (either the standard one or mozilla) nothing
happens.  I've tried logging out and back in again, using different
machines, and using different cards.  Nothing helps, and the problem has
persisted for several days.  This is a major inconvenience especially
since I spend long periods in the lab waiting for processes to finish.
What could be causing this workstation problem and what can be done to
fix it?

Thanks,
Dario Amodei