Coral problem: unable to make a secure connection

Zijian Li lizj at
Wed Jul 22 17:56:58 PDT 2009

Hi Dr. Tang,

I rolled back my Java environment and it seems working, but I cannot pass the authentication -- I probably forget my password. Could you tell me how to reset my password?
My name: Zijian Li
Coral ID: lizj

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mary Tang" <mtang at>
To: "Zijian Li" <lizj at>
Cc: coral at
Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 9:37:52 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: Coral problem: unable to make a secure connection

Hi Zijian --

This is probably the result of the Java update, which was reported last

John has send out a note about how to downgrade back to a functional
version which I'm appending below.  Please try this out -- and email
coral at snf if this does not work for you.

Mary X. Tang, Ph.D.
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
CIS Room 136, Mail Code 4070
Stanford, CA  94305
mtang at

Probably the safest thing to do is to open your control panel, go to
"Add/Remove Programs" and remove Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0_14.

Then you can go to:

There .... partway down will be entry named JDK/JRE - 6 that has an
option labeled "6 Update 13".  Click the "Go" button next to it.  That
will take you to a page where you can download either JDK 6u13 or JRE
6u13 (which are the "Java Development Kit" and "Java Runtime
Environment", respectively).  You only need to select JRE 6u13.