Qualification functions?

Bill Murray bmurray at stanford.edu
Mon May 4 08:43:59 PDT 2009

Mary,

Mary Tang wrote:
> Hi guys --
>
> I can't seem to qualify people this morning.  I get the following
> message when I try to qualify "usha" or "ghyrn" or even myself
> ("mtang") on innotec or drytek4:
>
> org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:  vmcid:  SUN  minor cord:  201 completed: No
>

> This is with either remote or local Coral.

We've been having some odd CORBA exceptions over the last two weeks when
trying to connect to the policy manager:

2009-05-04 08:14:57 Error returned by PDP on manage request:
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201  completed: No

I need to check with John to see if we  have had any OS or Java patches
in the last few weeks which might account for this.  I have restarted
the servers so you should be able to qualify now.

> I was also checking on equipment enable, following a labmember
> comment.  I can enable a random assortment of equipment (wafersaw,
> bottlewash, ev_imprint, etc.) , but can't enable stresstest (not that
> it really matters in practice, since it's not interlocked, but thought
> it worth noting).  I get this error:
>
> Hardware manager error: Enable return value exceeds limits.  See lab
> staff.

The stresstest is interlocked.  It looks like someone has disconnected
the cable?