How about a web based remote coral?

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 21 14:51:46 PDT 2009

James:

We actually made it easier for even those folks behind firewalls to
connect to our servers using remote coral by controlling the ports that
are used.  (In the old days, we couldn't guarantee what ports our
servers used .... but now we can.)

If I am not mistaken we've been able to resolve virtually everyone's
firewall problems as long as they are willing to open the port range of
50000:50014 when the destination is shine.stanford.edu.

I think that I sent out a more detailed announcement about this a month
or so ago.

Thus far, I've not heard of anyone for whom this will not work so I see
no reason to look for an alternative solution.