System status and new policy

Arash Hazeghi ahazeghi at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 26 18:58:43 PDT 2007

Greetings,

I noticed today that two of the probe tips were bent, I had replaced
these tips before system shutdown so I am not sure how this happened
but as of now all four tips are in good shape and should touch the
sample smoothly. I have added a new log sheet for tips, all users are
now required to inspect the probe tips before and after doing
measurements and record the status in the log sheet. we have been
providing tips so far but from now on users who bend the tips will be
charged $100 per tip. Please don't forget to check all four tips
before and after doing measurements and if you find a tip bent report
it, failure to log tip condition will result in restricted
privileges. Also please note that only the yellow cables which have
been attached to the system can be used with the cryostat, no other
cable of any kind should be attached to the triax feed-throughs.
As of today, system is doing great with vacuum oil replaced today
pump down is very fast... I hope you will enjoy your measurements.

Thank you,
Arash

Arash Hazeghi

PhD Candidate