Shutdown drytek2 2004-03-02 11:47:05: Lost plasma, screws glow orange!

kenney at snf.stanford.edu kenney at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Mar 2 11:47:05 PST 2004

I ran a poly etch for about 20:00 and everything was perfect.
I started a second poly etch and after about 3:00 the
RF tuning became unstable. Within a minute I lost the plasma
completely. I removed my wafers and started an O2 descum.
There was no plasma and I noticed within seconds that
the screws in the from of each plate with white rectangular
insulators were glowing ORANGE! I shut the machine
down as quickly as I could.