Problem drytek2 SNF 2005-12-10 06:40:52: Sparks in the chamber

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 12 09:29:20 PST 2005

Abhijit,

A low level of "sparking" has often been seen over the past 20 years for
Dryteks when run running O2 plasma. By low level, I mean small flashes
of light emitted randomly from around the electrode stack. I believe it
is worst at higher pressures. I was never been able to track it down to
a specific problem. I suscept it is caused by a local breakdown of the
plasma sheath. Perhaps, it is due to electrode surface roughness from
deposition.  It does not appear appear to cause any problems.

    Jim