Comment drytek2 SNF 2008-12-06 21:54:13: RF Problems ....

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Dec 6 21:54:14 PST 2008

I took out the oscillator and first gain-stage module this evening to see if I could identify why it seems to produce less power than it should.  Unfortunately, I didn't get very far ...
When I was studying the circuit, I realized that while it is similar to what we have in our schematics, it is not identical.  For example, the feedback of the op amp shows that it should be a 1 MOhm resistor in parallel with a 1 uf capacitor.  What is in our circuit is a 330 kohm resistor and no capacitor.
When I reassembled things, however, I found that I had no RF power.  It's likely that I've done something stupid .... but I can't figure it out at the moment.
John