Shutdown drytek2 SNF 2008-07-08 16:41:32: Shutting down for RF control pot replacement

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Tue Jul 8 20:53:48 PDT 2008

Rats!!! While I have a nice, new replacement potentionmeter, I got stymied by the small allen hex head num that holds the knob on the 10-turn potentiometer.  This one seems different (and smaller) that most of the others that we have in the basement.  Most of the others seem to be 0.050 inch.  This one is smaller than that .... slightly larger than the next smaller english size of 0.035.  I think that it may be 1.0 mm, but, thus far at least, have been unable to find a 1mm allen wrench.
So, I failed miserably .... and ended up getting nothing done.
So, beware of channel 1 .... the RF pot is still liikely noisy.
Sorry,
John