Shutdown drytek2 SNF 2008-07-22 22:43:44: reflected power > 200W

eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 30 19:07:33 PDT 2008

Cleaned chamber and electrode assembly.  Now RF power is very stable.  Still have a small problem with the matching network. The Coil and tuning capacitor are near the end of their respective ranges when the reflected power is at a minimum.  Need to troubleshoot further but the system is completely operational.
I set up program 1 for Descum.  Forward power at 500W, ref = 40.  Tune cap position indicator is at 6 o'clock position and the coil is fully CCW.
I set up program 2 for Poly.  Forward power= 400W , ref= 20W.  Tune cap at 50% and coil near fully CCW.
I set up Program 3 is for Nitride.  Foward power = 500W, ref= 20W.  Tune cap at ~ 40% and coil near fully CCW.
Please run an etch rate test before processing your samples. The etch rates might be dramatically different than the before the PM because the electrodes and ceramics are now clean.