Problem drytek2 SNF 2009-06-13 17:07:08: Extremely difficult to tune

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 13 17:07:09 PDT 2009

Couldn't tune nitride etch (for either process 2 or 3).  It actually ran successfully for the first half hour, but when I tweaked the cap-tuning knob the plasma collapsed and wouldn't come on again.  I could see it trying to come on--but after a flash it would shut down again.  I could also hear some crackling sounds as the plasma flashes on and off.  It seems like the machine is harder to tune when hot.
Girish encountered the same problem earlier today as well.