Shutdown drytek2 SNF 2009-06-15 00:25:32: Couldn't get plasma

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Mon Jun 15 00:25:33 PDT 2009

Based on my and other users' experience this weekend, it's been very difficult or impossible to strike a plasma; tuning is very touchy, and when the plasma does come on it flashes on and off (with accompanying crackling sounds) and lasts only a minute or two.  Obviously some component is failing inside (or degrades with heat).  Given this, I thought it appropriate to red-light the machine to reflect its true status.