Comment drytek2 SNF 2009-06-17 19:19:08: Update tuning problem

eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 17 19:19:09 PDT 2009

The variable inductor is still dirty but is working much better.  Adjust it the coil position only in a narrow range of 2.5 +/- 0.5.   If initially the plasma does not strike, sweep the coil position between 2 - 3. Use only  the capacitor to improve the tuning once the plasma is on.
We will try to further clean the inductor tomorrow to see if we could improve its performance.
We have ordered new inductors but the lead time is about 5 weeks