Problem drytek2 SNF 2009-06-18 16:14:22: Still extremely difficult to get plasma

bchui at snf.stanford.edu bchui at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Jun 18 16:14:23 PDT 2009

I appreciate all the efforts to get the machine in serviceable condition, but I still had extreme difficulty in getting the nitride etch to run after 1 hour of trying.  Plasma would come on for a split second then a crackling sound would occur and the plasma would collapse again.  I am keeping the coil between 2.0 and 3.0.  There were actually some signs of life when I first switched on power but after a few minutes things deteriorated.