Comment drytek2 SNF 2011-08-18 14:57:17: Drytek2 -- Bad RF Connector

mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Aug 18 14:57:18 PDT 2011

Checked out the rf generator on Drytek2. Found intermittent gnd connection on rf cable connector at supply was open.  Generator has a rf power "leveling" which limits the output power to about 400W. It is likely that one or both of the output  power amps are damaged. Suspect the was the source/cause of the rf generator problem was the bad rf connector which reflected all the power back into generator output stages when the gnd was open. I am looking at replacing the ENI generator with a AE supply which we have on hand.
    Jim