Comment drytek2 SNF 2011-09-02 12:05:35: Power supply installed

latta at snf.stanford.edu latta at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Sep 2 12:05:35 PDT 2011

Installed new AE RFX-600  generator. Although it is a 600w supply, I set the max output power to 530w. I also made some adjustments to the matching network.  I changed the Bird meter  so it can accurately read the reflected power.  I calibrated the black box read outs but was unable to adjust the zero reading for the reflected power meter, which has a zero reading of about 5 w. Please use the Bird meter for fine tuning the reflected power. You can use the black box reflected power reading if the bird meter is out of range. I found that from one run to the next a slight  adjustment of the coil pot will bring the reflected power back to near the min if the processs had previously tuned out during your test run.  Nancy is writing up new procedures for using the new rf generator.
    Jim