F13B1 gas no longer available

Nancy Latta latta at snf.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 22 10:13:40 PDT 2005

Folks,

As some of you have noted, we are out of Freon 13B1.  This has long been
expected; a message was sent out in the summer of 2004 warning users of
the drytek etchers this would occur soon.

Well, our last tank lasted much longer than expected, but we are out of
the gas.  F13B1 was identified as an ozone depleting material and is not
longer manufactured for sale.

In anticipation of this a nitride recipe has been developed using SF6
and O2.  New recipe and etchrate charts have been placed in the logbooks
of both tools.  They will soon be posted on the web as well.

Sorry for any confusion caused by this,

-Nancy