problem with etching

Arash Hazeghi ahazeghi at
Wed Aug 4 00:01:37 PDT 2010

I used process #2 (poly etch)  last week for etching Si, I had used the
program before and it worked, it should have etched ~ 1200A (30sec) but it
had etched only 400A (measured accurately with AFM). I did season the
chamber. During the dummy run I noticed instability in SF6 flow rate for
about ~2minutes but the flow stabilized and remained fixed at 117sccm during
the actual run. Power was normal.

What was the possible problem, have the etch rates changed since a few
months ago?

Arash Hazeghi

PhD Candidate

Paul G. Allen Center for Integrated systems,

420 Via Palou Mall, Stanford, CA 94305, USA

office: +1-650-725-0418

cell: +1-650-353-1866