New Operating Instructions for Drytek2

Nancy Latta nlatta at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 8 14:40:23 PDT 2011

Attention:

Before you use drytek2 please read the new operating instructions
located in the blue book.They contain a new, as of 9/8/2011, RF tuning
procedure.The changes have been underlined to highlight them.

You will notice that the old RF power supply is back.At this time it
will not go any higher than 400W.Expect etch rates to have decreased.

A new power supply is on order so drytek2 should be able to deliver 500
total watts.We will let you know when it has been installed.The new
tuning procedure will remain in place.

In addition, there is a new log form for you to fill out at the end of
the etch.You will be asked for the coil and cap settings.They can be
found by looking on the coil and cap tuning pots (the black knobs used
to tune the RF).We want to collect this information so that users of the
tool can refer back to the last settings used for a given recipe and
plug them in to ease the RF tuning procedure.

Lastly, we are requiring the labmembers turn the RF power level to zero
after using the tool.This will limit wear and tear on the RF power
supply.We also ask that users tune the RF at a much lower power (40W)
before turning the RF to the full power desired.This procedure is
covered in the new operating instructions.

Team Etch