Problem drytek4 2004-06-09 14:45:54: pedestal

Jim McVittie mcvittie at snf.stanford.edu
Wed Jun 9 22:19:31 PDT 2004

Randy,

Some years ago I looked at pedestal issue on Drytek4. In particular, I
looked at disabling it.
It is easy to disable it however there is a problem. If you disable it,
you trap air in it. I found when the trapped air comes out under the
wafer during pump down, it tends to move the wafer off the center of the
electrode, which is not desirable. If one loads a wafer on the pedestal
when it is up, the wafer should stay in the center of the electrode. The
same should be true for pieces. Perhaps the electrode is not level or
the slow pumping is not working. If you still have problems, I suggest
you mount your pieces on a carrier wafer.

    Jim