Comment epi2 SNF 2009-11-19 14:33:22: Update bulb failure

eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu eenriquez at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Nov 19 14:33:23 PST 2009

The socket has not arrived yet.  According to Applied Materials, the part will not be available until 2/24/2010.  The parts they had in stock were apparently for another customer.  We are still trying to expedite the part from AMAT.  We are also trying to find other sources.  We found the part in Ebay (South Korea) and QT Tech (Singapore).  In case you're interested in helping us search for the part, the part # is 0190-35030.  We need at least one for now.
I will try an experiment tomorrow to see If I could just bypass the bad socket.  I want to see if the system can run with a lamp current imbalance (there will only be 3 lamps in the loop instead of 4).