Comment epi2 SNF 2010-11-28 09:40:11: Reset DCS excess flow switch.

shott at snf.stanford.edu shott at snf.stanford.edu
Sun Nov 28 09:40:12 PST 2010

Epi2 users:
Over the weekend, a couple of folks have reported a DCS flow error.  This is likely due to the excess flow switch on that line that has "tripped" so that it shuts off the DCS source at the bottle.  We believe that this is due to a failed or failing excess flow switch.  We have ordered a replacement.  I don't know whether it has arrived, but when it does arrive, we will shutdown the DCS line so that we can replace this switch.
In the meantime, I've reset the DCS flow switch and confirmed that the pressure in the line increases from -8.0 PSIG to approximately 4.5 PSIG.  I believe that you should be able to use DCS under these conditiions, but caution everyone to keep a close eye on the DCS flow.
I'm not clearing the problems that report this ... because we haven't addreressed the underlying problem ... but believe that with close monitoring of the DCS flow, you should be OK to process.
Happy processing,
John