Problem epi2 SNF 2010-10-14 09:54:36: pressure control update

maurice at snf.stanford.edu maurice at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Oct 14 09:54:37 PDT 2010

Ted and Elmer think our pressure control valve is about to die.  We can home the valve and it runs for 3,4 or 5 wafers (wafers and cleans) and then give an overpressure warning.  The overpressure warning always happens during the etch recipes because they run at 600 torr.  That is good because users are not losing their wafer.  But it is frustrating if you lose your reservation time and don't get wafers processed.
Ted has contacted different groups at AMAT to get another valve as quickly as we can.  And we will update you when we have more information about it.