Shutdown epi2 SNF 2011-04-28 06:42:50: Ge Etch fail

maurice at snf.stanford.edu maurice at snf.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 28 16:13:26 PDT 2011

Ge etch failed because it fail to reach temp in step 6 of program.
-
Inspected dome and found it coat.
-
Ran several constant power etches but HCl pressure dropped.  (The last etch run in the system suscessfully  probably had a low HCl flow after the initial flow check and  didn't clean the chamber).  We manually ran HCl through the chamber and verified the drop in HCl flow.
-
Ted evacuated HCl line to back to the gas cabinet and flowed N2 for .5 hour.  He recharged line with HCl.  Manually flowed to verify HCl pressure was stable.
-
We ran several etches and the HCl pressure stayed constant and the temp in the chamber got back to normal (indicating the coating was etching off the chamber).
-
We inspected the dome and say only minor coating.  Ran one more etch to clean it up.