HCl update

maurice stevens maurice at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 1 16:58:21 PDT 2007

Bad news:  The HCl panel arrived.  It was installed, purged and leak
checked.  As our guys started systematically introducing HCl to each
part of the panel, they discovered that panel vendor had installed a low
pressure valve in the panel.  The vendor has been contacted and will be
here tomorrow with a new panel (many parts in the panel are wielded in
to reduce the number of possible leak points... the valve is part of a
major section...it cannot be simply replaced).  The new panel  will need
to be installed, purged and leak checked.

We will update you when we have more info.

maurice at stanford.edu

Maurice Stevens
Stanford Nanofabrication Facility
CIS Room 142, Mail Code 4070